Natural Watermelon Fruit – Tarbooz
With greenish black to smooth dark green surface, watermelons are globular in shape and are freshly picked for you directly from our farmers. The juicy, sweet and grainy textured flesh is filled with 12-14% of sugar content, making it a healthy alternative to sugary carbonated drinks. Flesh colour of these watermelons are pink to red with dark brown/black seeds.
Storage and Uses
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Cut and serve the melons chilled.
- Can be eaten fresh- scoop them up with ice creams or in fruit salads. Spice up your watermelon with a tinge of mint leaves.
- Used in cocktails and fresh juices which also serves as a healthy alternative to sugary carbonated drinks. Rind can be used to prepare pickles, curries and pies. Seeds can be roasted with salt and consumed.
- Watermelons have excellent hydrating properties with 90% water content.
- Rich in anti-oxidant flavonoids that protects against prostate, breast, colon, pancreatic and lung cancers.
- They are an excellent source of lycopene which protects skin against harmful UV rays. It is also a great source for A, C, B-complex vitamins, iron and fiber which boosts body metabolism.
1.1kg to 1.2kg, 1.2kg to 1.3kg, 1.3kg to 1.4kg, 1.4kg to 1.5kg, 1.5kg to 1.6kg, 1.6kg to 1.7kg, 1.7kg to 1.8kg, 1.8kg to 1.9kg, 1.9kg to 2kg, 1kg to 1.1kg, 600gm to 700gm, 700gm to 800gm, 800gm to 900gm, 900gm to 1kg